Avocado Plus Tortillas QED

For us, Sunday dinner is a last minute decision.  True, with summer here, I imagine we will be using our barbecue more often.  On the other hand, with the cutting down of meat, I may want to stay away from it.  The barbecue says to me, what I will call plain food, burgers and hot dogs.  Even though, we barbecue chicken and other good foods, when I see that grill, I want a hot dog or burger.

On Saturday, we eat a big meal and a festive one which means Sunday is crying for casual.  Usually, I throw something together, maybe a new recipe, or one that pops into my mind, or an really old standby, altered.  It is almost always easy to do. 

This Sunday, I made a take off on grilled cheese although there was absolutely no grilling.  In fact, I pulled out the microwave to make these quickly.  I don't recommend it though.  I would use the oven to make this a lot better.

Since we almost hide our gluten-free bread so it will take us through the week, I don't use it for so many of my cravings, French toast, grilled cheese or just sandwiches.  What does a gal do, when she is craving grilled cheese and has no bread to use.  (Just a point - I keep little regular bread in the house.  I am not comfortable eating when hubby can't.)

Tonight, I pulled out the corn tortilla, tomatoes, avocado, cheese and onions and Baco Bits.  Since, we are kosher, we do not eat bacon but I have had this phony bottle of imitation bacon bits, in my cupboard for a very looooooong time.  (Spell check is going to give me a hard time on long.)  I sliced the tomatoes and avocados and chopped the onions.  I cut up the cheese in about two inch rectangles.  Piled everything on that tortilla, microwaved 45 seconds and ate a cheesy, delicious, messy tortilla.

Serve with a big salad with lots of greens.

Avocado Plus Tortillas   QED
Quick, Easy and Delicious

Ingredients:

6 tortillas (these are the small ones - about five inches round)
3 rectangular slices of Cheddar, cut into half
3 small tomatoes, sliced
1 small onion, diced
1 avocado, peeled and sliced.
dash black pepper
salt to taste

Method:

Spread tortillas out on a baking dish or tray.
Place 2 - 3 slices tomato, 1 teaspoon chopped onion, 2 slices avocado on top of each tortilla.

Sprinkle salt and pepper over vegetables.

 Top with slice of Cheddar.
Cook in microwave for 45 seconds.
Remove and fold in half and enjoy.

Melt in your Mouth Monday on Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms
This Weeks Cravings on Mom's Crazy Cooking,

Comments

  1. This looks so easy and great for a light lunch. It would make a nice after school meal too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Chaya! I love easy recipes that are also delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. something my teens would love oh so good come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my twins would love this!

    Thanks for linking to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS! Tomorrow we post the TOP CLICKED recipe, make sure to come by and take a look. Today we opened this week's theme "30 MINUTE MEALS". We hope you stop back by and link up again! Happy Blogging!

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/search/label/THIS%20WEEKS%20CRAVINGS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost