Tomato and Mozzarella Salad & MaFF Monday QED




I am honored to be featured, this week, at the Saturday Evening Pot, a well organized, diversified site where interesting activities are popping up, constantly.  You will not get bored visiting there often.

I think, I have been linking there since its inception from both my blogs.  Check it out on Mondays to find great recipes and then go look, on other days, to keep up with all their goings on.  Meet the Lucky wife who puts herself into this personal labor of love.

Now for another recipe to link up, tomorrow.  This is simple and definitely a QED, quick, easy and delicious.  It is perfect for this hot weather, we have been experiencing.  It is a simple tomato mozzarella salad.  If you are growing your own tomatoes, this will taste so much better than using store-bought but even those from the market shine next to fresh mozzarella.

Tomato Mozzarella Salad

Ingredients:  (depending how many you are serving   I used two tomatoes for the two of us.

1 good-sized tomatoes
6 ounces of mozzarella cheese, sliced in pieces about the size of the tomatoes, if possible
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon rice vinegar with basil and oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup garden fresh herbs (I grow chives, basil, oregano and parsley so I used some, I had left from another recipe ---these herbs are not necessary to the recipe but if you are growing them, add to the flavor.)

Method:

On a dinner plate or serving dish about that size, alternate tomato slices and cheese.
Combine the remaining ingredients and drizzle over the tomatoes and cheese.
Top with chopped herbs.

It took me a few minutes to do this.  The most time consuming (less than a minute) was slicing the cheese which was a little slippery.  It really went quickly and it was worth it.  It is a delicious fresh salad and it goes with almost anything.





Jam Hands






Comments

  1. Love this combination! It's so tasty and, like you said, great in the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. I have never made it with those other herbs but I will try it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this at Recipe Sharing Monday. The new party is now up and I'd love for you to link up again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this kind of salad!! Thank you for linking up to Tasty Tuesday at Nap-Time Creations. I really hope you can come back and link up again this week! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost