Stir Fry Carrots with Mango and Ginger


I just got a box of 9 mangoes, again, and again, I am delighted.  I love what mangoes add to any dish, whether as a salsa or cut up into pieces or sliced or mushed.  I use mangoes in sweet dishes as well as savory ones.  It seems to pair with anything because of its mild but clear flavor.

I could easily see how carrots would work well with this fruit so this recipe came to be, in our home.  I did hesitate when I saw the ras el hanout.  I have never heard of it before.  I learned from my experience with garam masala that there are recipes for everything online and off I went to look.  Sure enough, I found several of them.  Amazingly, I had all the ingredients in the kitchen.

Stir Fry Carrots With Mango and Ginger  (adapted from Yummily)

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cuponion (chopped)
1 /2 teaspoon ground ginger
6 carrots (sliced into rounds)
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1 tablespoonground cinnamon
2 teaspoonsspice (ras el hanout, mix) (recipe on bottom of page)
1 mango (diced)
1/2 teaspoon coriander
lemon juice

Method:

Heat the olive oil in a heavy fry pan.

Stir in the onion and ginger and fry for 1 minute.

Add the carrots, tossing them in the pan to make sure that they are thoroughly mixed with the flavouring ingredients, and cook until they begin to brown.

Add the pine nuts, cinnamon and ras el hanout, then gently mix in the mango.

Sprinkle with coriander, season with salt and pour over the lemon juice.

Serve immediately.


 Ras El Hanout -- Moroccan Spice Blend
This recipe can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.


Yield: Makes about 3 tablespoons

Ingredients:




1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves


Method:
In a small bowl whisk together all ingredients until combined well. Spice blend keeps in an airtight container at cool room temperature 1 month.






Linked to Friday Food at Mom Trends      Photobucket


Comments

  1. Love Mango, and that spice mix sounds so fragrant and delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost