Caramel Apple Cookies -

The Improve Cooking Challenge  How would you like the first challenge of a new group to be baking or cooking with apples and caramel?  Yep, sounds pretty good.  In fact, it is absolutely delicious.  I made a cookie that truly surprised me.  I thought it would be rather bland and plain but it turned out to be chewy and delicious.

 Caramel Apple Cookies  Adapted from Granny's Mountain


Ingredients:

1/3 cup granulated sugar

1/3 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup margarine, at room temperature

1 egg

1-1/4 cups all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup dried apple pieces, chopped

1/2 cup caramel chips 



Method:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In medium bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt.

In separate bowl, mix sugars and butter. Add egg, mixing just until blended.

Add flour mixture and combine well.

Mix in caramel chips and apple.

Using a teaspoon size cookie scoop, drop batter about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper.

Bake for 12-14 minutes or until edges begin to brown.

Let cool completely on wire rack.



Would you like to join us for the next challenge?  Contact the Lady Behind the Curtain and I am sure, she will welcome you with open arms.

Comments

  1. Love the dried apple and caramel chips in the cookies, they sound delicious.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my Improv Cooking Challenge recipe: Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apples & Caramel are such a classic pairing. Genius to pair them in a cookie! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound so good with the apple and caramel chips! I have never used apple chips for baking. Right now I am completely obsessed with apples! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great combo of flavors in this cookie, they certainly sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cookies sound wonderful, absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum... the flavors sound great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, I never would have thought to use dried apples - great idea for cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea!! I love that you used dried apples. I'll definitely have to try them in cookies sometime. Great idea for this month's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound so testy with the apple and caramel chips! I have never used apple chips for baking. Right now I am completely obsessed with apples!
    hediyelik eşya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost