Bake With Bizzy - Double Pear Bread

This is the season of baking, cookies, cakes, pies and casseroles and vegetables and more, more more.  Let's see what we all have to share this week.  I am sharing a Double Pear Tea Bread.  I made this gluten-free.


I had wanted to use recipes from The American Test Kitchen but for some reason, get called away and end up with something else.  Last nigh, I took out the book and placed it on my counter and decided, I was not going to do anything else, until I baked from it.  I have found all the recipes, in this book, are excellent and this was no exception.  Originally, this was a lemon tea bread with no fillers.  I had some pear juice and some dried pears so it changed its identity and had some cut up pears and walnuts added to the batter.

Double Pear Tea Bread  adapted from The American Test Kitchen Family Baking Book.


Ingredients:


1 3/4 cups gluten-free flour mixture (brown rice)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup canola oil
1 1/3 cup sugar
3 eggs
1/4 cup pear juice plus 1 teaspoon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup chopped dried pears

Method:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Grease and flour a 9 inch loaf pan.

Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl.

Beat oil and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer for two minutes on medium speed.  Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.  Add flour mixture, pear and lemon juices and beat until just combined.

Add dried pears and nuts, by hand and mix into batter.

Scrape the batter into prepared pan and smooth the top.  Bake until golden 65 - 75 minutes.  In my oven, it took the full 75 minutes to take a knife out dry.  Rotate the pan, halfway through.

Cool in pan for ten minutes and turn out on a wire rack and continue cooling for another hour before cutting.  (I didn't ------couldn't wait to taste it-----delicious)


Let's take a look back to last week and see what we want to eat as soon as possible.


Cranberry Orange Sourdough Muffins from Aunt Nubby's Kitchen
If you follow Aunt Nubby (Anita), you know how beautiful her baked goods are.  The variety and quality are outstanding.

Photobucket
Frosted Chocolate Drops fro Simply Sweet Home
Jeri is one of my favorite people.  She was one of the very first bloggers, I met and one of those that answered some of my naive questions.  Thanks Jeri.

Herb Bread from MJ's Kitchen
This is a newer blog for me and I love what I see there. Drop by and find out for yourself.
Linked to  These Chicks Cook        Tuesday’s Tasty Tidbits     Event - ♫ Jingle All The Way  ♫

Show us your savory and sweet baked goods.

Comments

  1. Love the double pear bread look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for featuring my cookies! This week I linked up a baked appetizer! Thanks for hosting! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for featuring my muffins! Because the year is ending, I pulled out a Banana Bread post I have not shared before from when I first started my blog earlier in the year. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pear bread looks good! I intended to bake a New Year's Cake this week, but time got away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the recipe. It is really really good! Would love to include it in my event. If possible, please go through the rules of my event Jingle All The Way and link your post there.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this recipe, Chaya! Especially love that it's GF. Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't beat ATK for tried and true recipes...and your bread is the perfect example! I love that you added pears...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pear bread looks wonderful Chaya! Hope you had a fantastic holiday! Happy New Year my dear friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love any, and all recipes from American Test Kitchens. Just can't go wrong with them.
    Your double pear bread looks incredible, Chaya! So moist and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for featuring my herb bread! It's certainly one of my favorites and is so easy to make! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the posts look so delicious. Thanks a lot for linking with
    Midweek Fiesta
    Hope to see you on this Wednesday too...And I am going to check some of my baked recipes to link with the event...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost