Bake with Bizzy - Baked Casserole

Sweet Potato and Rice With Caramelized Onions, Sausage and Eggs

A while back, I made a Mediterraean potato and rice dish.  When I came across another recipe for a sweet potato hash with onions, sausage and eggs, I decided to use the leftovers from this dish and add the topping.  Obviously, I had to transform the recipe completely.  If you are interested in the bottom part of the casserole, it can be found here.

The top section is delicious and I could see it being made as a stand alone.  Combining the two is the best of all worlds.

Ingredients for Sausage layer:

2 large onions, sliced thin
1 tablespoon margarine
4 Italian sweet turkey sausages, sliced
4 eggs

Method:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Melt margarine in large skillet.  Add onions and cook on a medium heat for about 30 minutes.  Mix them, every few minutes and take care that they don't burn.  (I tend to forget about them and you know what happens.)


In another skillet, brown sausage slices for about ten minutes, mixing occasionally.  These should brown a bit and get slightly crisp.

Mix the onions and sausage and put on top of sweet potato casserole.  Drop eggs on top and place in a hot oven.  Cook at 450 degrees F until eggs are done to your desire.

Serve and enjoy.

Now for the moment, I truly enjoy, to introduce you to some of your successes.  Thanks for sharing with us.  It is such a pleasure to see those links filling up and discovering new ideas for the cook.
Winnie's fish shaped challah
from Something Sweet
I am sure Winnie loves making her detailed challahs.   You really would enjoy, visiting her blog and seeing the many shapes.

Another baker is our skinny friend, Liz, who made these chocolate tarts from Dorie and Julia and posted this, on her blog, That Skinny Chick can Bake.  



Aunt Nubby is back with Roasted Parmesan Potatoes which are one of my favorites.  Another artist with food, she has beautiful cakes on her blog, Aunt Nubby's Kitchen.
Another savory is this Roasted Spaghetti Squash from Recipes to Nourish.  This is a newish blog for me and I have enjoyed every visit.
MJ outdid herself with this Apple Caramel Pie.  If I could have a piece now......
Stop at MJ'S Kitchen for more delights.

Thank you all for your contributions and keep them coming and make us all happy.  The linky follows........

Comments

  1. Hi Bizzy
    Thank you soooooo much for featuring my Fish-shape Challah. I'm excited
    I also like the apple pie and the chocolate tarts very much!
    Your casserole looks great but I'll leave our the sausages as I'm a veg. or better - I think soy sausages would be wonderful here.

    I'm sharing today my "Chocolate Cake with Strawberry Mousse"

    Thanks againg(!)
    Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bizzy, Thanks for your reply. I will link up with you if I cook any sweets within these 2 weeks.

    PS...your baked casserole looks very delicious, with all my family's fav ingredients

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me encanta tu receta es exquisita y contundente ,te ha quedado perfecta,abrazos hugs,hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bizzy - Thanks so much for featuring my pie! It was definitely as good as it looks! I love your baked casserole! Sweet potatoes and sausage is a great combo and when you put that egg on top - OMG! Feed it to me everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for featuring the Parmesan Potatoes! This week I have shared Snickerdoodle Bread. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally got a new bake to link up this week! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baked casserole looks very yummy! Thank you so much for hosting. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SUCH a sucker for casseroles. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your casserole looks delicious, with sausages and eggs, would be gone in a jiffy in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for the feature this week :) Linking up more chocolate...this time frosted brownies! Have a wonderful week, my friend~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost