Tomato Casserole

There are times, I marvel at some of the recipes, I made on Chaya's Comfy Cook.  They are worthy of remaking and what I am doing now, is posting them, for me, to make, when I am able to. 

Let me know what you think of this idea.  What if I used a cup of mashed avocado in place of the mayonnaise.  It would certainly make this cream and I am hoping it will bake well.  You are a bunch of talented foodies and I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

This was originally a pie but I chose to omit the crust.   I turned it into a casserole, rich in cheese  with the possibility of additional vegetables.  I am hoping to make this, next week and welcome any suggestions, you have.

Tomato Casserole   inspired by Paula Deen

Ingredients:

1/2 cup chopped green onions
10   fresh parsley leaves, chopped
3   tomatoes, sliced
1 cup grated cheddar
1 cup mozzarella, grated
1 cup mayonnaise or possibly avocado
salt and pepper to taste

Method:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Slice tomatoes.
Using a medium-sized bowl, mix mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper.
Layer the tomato slices, basil, and onion in a shallow pan that was sprayed with cooking oil.    Spread the mayonnaise and cheese mixture on top of the tomatoes and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.  (I added one half cup of tomato juice to the mayo mix to make it more spreadable.)

To serve, cut into slices and serve warm.
Simple and filled with flavor.





 

Linked to  Tasty Tuesday           Real Food Wednesdays      It's A Blog Party       Gluten Free Wednesdays     Whole Food Wednesdays    
Scrumptious Sunday Link Party    
 Inspire Me Monday     Hearth and Soul  
Pennywise Platter Thursday 

Comments

  1. A gud one Chaya.. I love tomatoes and now looking forward to try this bake..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. Will have to keep in mind for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think avocado would work really well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super easy - I'm going to try to remember this when we have our garden tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This casserole sounds so delicious. Cheese and tomato make such a wonderful combination. I think the avocado would make a great addition plus it would be a lot healthier than mayonnaise as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost