Swiss Chard & Kasha Muffins - You can believe it!


I had some Swiss Chard left from my Power Food veggie of the week and I was puzzled what to do with it. I also had leftover kasha .  What does a foodie do?  Combine these, throw in some other ingredients and make MUFFINS.  I didn't know what was going to come from this and was happy when I had these delightful looking muffins that tasted even better than they looked.

I took notes, as I went along and I am hoping, I have this correct.  It is something, I want to make again.

Swiss Chard and Kasha Muffins

Ingredients:

2 cups cooked  kasha
4 scallions, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 - 6 Swiss chard stems, chopped
2 tablespoons Tamari
1 cup crumbs from chips (potato or taco or tortilla)  You can use bread crumbs.
1/2 cup store-bought spinach dip (or make your own)
6 eggs

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Grease 12 muffin tins.

Heat olive oil in medium skillet.

Fry scallions and Swiss chard stems for 5 minutes.

While these are cooking, in a mixing bowl, combine kasha, Tamari, crumbs, spinach dip and eggs.  Mix well.

Add cooked scallions and Swiss chard to mixture and combine.

Pour the batter into the muffin tins.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.  I did make sure a knife came out dry but I had to guess at the time.  They were slightly browned on top.

They came right out of the tins.  I served these as a side dish and they make a delicious snack.

Eat and enjoy.



Comments

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost