Roasted Butternut Squash


This is the second time I have thought I should write a book called, My Romance with Squash.  Each time, I bring home a new squash, I fall in love again.  I have had a crush on Butternut Squash for many years and this dish may have been the fulfillment of my dreams, easy to make and just right to eat with a slight sweetness that gives it charm.

Roasted Butternut Squash

Ingredients:

2 medium sized butternut squash
2 large sweet potatoes
1 - 3 tablespoons of  olive oil
1 tablespoon of honey
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or a few drops of hot sauce mixed with the honey

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place parchment paper on large cookie sheet.
Cut butternut squash and sweet potatoes into cubes about one half inch in size.
In a bowl, mix together the oil, honey, cayenne and cubes.  Make sure, all the cubes are coated.
Spread the cubes of squash and sweet potatoes on parchment covered pans.
Bake for 1 hour or until the cubes are soft enough to eat.
Pour off the sheet onto a serving plate or bowl and serve.  If you want to add your favorite spice, go with it.
Eat and enjoy.

Linked to Full Plate Thursdays      Cast Party Wednesday    It's Fall Ya All

Comments

  1. This sounds wonderful, Chaya! Roasting veggies makes them so much better imo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butternut is my second favorite squash! Pumpkin is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was wonderful!
    I tried it and we loved it :)
    I just added a bit more honey
    Thanks for an easy and great recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chaya,
    The Roasted Butternut has such a beautiful color and the taste is heavenly. We just love Roasted Butternut. Enjoy your weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost