Grilled Cutlets with Sweet Tomato Sauce



I had used Chicken cutlets for our Donna Hay recipe on Wednesday.  I had two left and no ideas as to what to do with them, a familiar situation.  I think, this is because I am a saver.  I want to know, I have what I will need, in the refrigerator, freezer or cabinets.

As a result, I buy a little bit of "everything".  At almost any given time, you will find bok choy, onions, sweet potato, potato, spinach, zucchini, carrots, chopped chicken and chopped beef, chicken cutlets, organic soup, etc., in the house.  Of course that is besides the dairy products.  My basic cheese is Parmesan, Ricotta, Cream Cheese, Cheddar, Mexican shredded, Edam, Goat and some sliced cheese.

My point is that I am usually ready with all the ingredients or a good substitute.

I remember one day, I met a friend in the food store and she was literally begging me, to stop by and take an onion, she had with no plans for.  I bet her kitchen is more organized than mine.  I didn't take her onion because I had a drawer full of three different kind of onions plus some other goodies.

I think, this goes to my aversion of food shopping, more than necessary.  If I had my way, I would shop once a week but it doesn't work, for me, even with a filled kitchen.  I might just need kabacha or celery or parsnips or a can of diced tomatoes or, or, or.................................

This leads to my two extra cutlets.  When I went to take them out of the refrigerator, I discovered hubby had already grilled them and he was asking me to make a sauce for them.

Now, here we go again.  I had a tomato that was so ripe, it was about to get up and jump into a pot or get moldy and have to be thrown away,  Horrors, I hate to throw away good food.  You have to know that the tomato was going to be part of the sauce.  Here goes........

Grilled Cutlets with Sweet Tomato Sauce

Ingredients:

2 chicken cutlets
1 tomato, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 scallion, chopped
2 tablespoons brown sugar or honey
1/4 cup sweet red wine
spray olive oil

Method:

In a small saucepan, spray olive oil on the bottom of pan.  Add garlic and scallion and cook for 2 minutes.  Add tomato, wine, tomato and brown sugar or honey.  Cook on a low flame for another 4 minutes.

Cook for about 5 minutes and pour into a small food processor (the one that came with my immersion blender).  Turn on  and run until sauce has a few small pieces of the tomato and scallion still with substance.

Place cutlets in a baking dish.  Cover with sauce and heat in a 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until hot.

Serve with rice, quinoa or pasta and a salad for a complete meal.
If you would prefer it without the sauce, this is the grilled cutlets and I think, they look just fine all by themselves.

Linked to       Foodie Friday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost