Roasted Salmon and Brussels Sprouts

These days, I am having fun with brussels sprouts,, shredding, boiling, baking and roasting. Roasting.  Today, when I was about to make salmon, I saw the container of brussels sprouts and thought, this has to go together.  My question was how to make it.

My usual technique of seeing what is available worked well for me.  Earlier today. I took two partial bell peppers and an onion and sliced them.  I decided to take that bag of vegetables and roast it with the brussels sprouts, in hopes they caramelize and end up as rich sweet nibbles. I also roasted the salmon although for less time.  It made a delicious meal.  This could be served for lunch or supper and I think you will see smiles, all around, unless they refuse to eat those brussels sprouts.  Yes, I know that many of you don't like them.  Maybe, you would if you roasted them.  If you give them a try, please let me know, if you like them.

Roasted Salmon and Brussels Sprouts 

 

Ingredients:

2 salmon fillets, no skin
ten brussels sprouts, end removed and cut in halves
1 cup of red and yellow bell peppers, sliced
2/3 cup sweet onion slices
Cajun seasoning (amount is up to you)
spray olive oil

Method:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

Spray a lasagna size pan and add all the vegetables.  Spread them out so that each is exposed to the heat source.

Using olive oil, spray it on the vegetables and place in oven.  Bake for 20 minutes.

Remove from oven and push the vegetables to one side of the pan.  Add the salmon.

Sprinkle Cajun seasoning on salmon and spray it with the olive oil.

Return to oven and cook at 450 degrees for another 20 minutes.

Your brussels sprouts will be crisp on the outside and delicious.

Eat and enjoy.


Comments

  1. Hello Chaya,
    I like the combination of this veggie salmon dish.It looks so good.How are you?I am so happy to be here.I miss all the bake goodies in your place.

    Best regards and I will be back sooner..and once again I am so happy to follow you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost