All C's - Kosher Connection



This is a special month for Kosher Connections, a group of kosher cooks, who share, once a month on a specified kind of recipe. For our anniversary, we are doing something a little different and we are exchanging blogs to cook from. The choice of what we cook is open to each of the members.

KOSHERCONNECTION5
I was given a most exciting cook, Melinda from Kitchen Tested. She describes her food as adventurous, original and experimental and this is an apt description. I had the most fun, going through her recipes, one more unique than the other. I just have to share a few of the titles. You can go over and find out more.  Go on, click on one of these titles and have fun.
Hot Dog Burger
Strawberry-Jalapeño BBQ Sauce Chicken Wings & BBQ Cauliflower Cream Sauce
Brown Sugar Infused Miracle Noodles with Chicken
Sweet Corn Vichyssoise
Blood Orange Jalapeño Olive Oil Cake
Chocolate Banana Cake Mix Biscotti
Vegan Speculoos Ice Cream


As you probably know, I am not the most adventurous cook.  Foods like bok choy or fennel are new to me.  I love incorporating all the new flavors and textures but at this point, I play it relatively safe.  I found a few recipes that were just right for me, one being good ole chocolate chip cookies and the other a creamed corn.  Each was a success.

I thought that I had Pepper Jack cheese but when I looked, it was Monterey Jack which I am sure was just as good.

Pepper Jack Creamed Corn (adapted)(Monterey Jack)
 

Ingredients :

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
½ red bell pepper (around ½ cup), chopped
3 cups fresh or frozen yellow corn kernels
½ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon sugar
½ cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded

Method:

Heat oil in saucepan over medium-low heat. Add chopped onion and red bell pepper and sauté until soft, around 5 minutes. 

Stir in the corn, cream and sugar and cook until the mixture has thickened, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Make sure the cream doesn’t boil.



Eat and  enjoy and then have some of these chocolate chip cookies.
<

Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie (adapted slightly)
makes 2-3 dozen cookies

1 cup vegetable shortening margarine (I have no shortening in my house)
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups + 4 tablespoons gluten-freee flour
12 oz (one bag) chocolate chips


Method:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.


Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Using paddle attachment of stand mixer, mix margarine, sugars and vanilla until creamy (3 minutes)

Add eggs and mix well.  Add salt and baking soda and mix again.

Add the flour, one cup at a time and mix until flour is not visible (about 1 minute).

Stir the chocolate chips in by hand.

Use a large cookie scoop and drop cookies 2 inches apart on baking sheet. (large scoop is equal to 1 tablespoon)

Bake for 8 - 10 minutes. For freezing instructions, go on over to Kitchen Tested, for directions. 



Ready for a fun giveaway to celebrate one year of Kosher Connection? We are giving away two prizes from Emile Henry. A Bread Cloche valued at $130 and a 4.2 qt Dutch Oven valued at $170! 

 Go on over to  www.joyofkosher.com to enter. Linked to  






Comments

  1. You remind me of this dish that sounds so good. I have to get some jack cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! sounds so homey and good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree, Chaya. You are a very adventurous cook! More than anyone I know, you are always whipping up something from what you have on hand. Maybe you don't use fennel or bok choy, but you are not afraid to create unique pairings that most people wouldn't think of. I always appreciate that. Cheesy creamed corn sounds super, but if I'm honest it's the cookie I really want! What can I say. I'm a kid at heart.
    Thank you for sharing with See Ya in the Gumbo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost