Asian Salmon on Spinach - Ina Garten Fridays

I believe this is the fourth month of Ina Garten Fridays, started by the lovely and vivacious Alyce from More Time at the Table.  We link, once a month, on the first Friday of the month.  This month, we are making appetizers, September is side dishes, October is main and November is dessert.  If you would like to join us, please contact Alyce at  More Time at the Table.

Welcome to out newest member, Peggy from Pantry Revisited.  Go on over and say, "Hello!"

I decided to make salmon and cut the steaks into smaller pieces, put them on delicious sesame spinach and served with a flourish.  Delicious.

Instead of grilling the salmon, I baked it and served it with some of the marinade.

Asian Salmon - adapted from 2001, Barefoot Contessa Parties!,

Ingredients:

2 salmon steaks


For the marinade:

1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons  olive oil
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
Method:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Cut  the salmon crosswise into 4 equal pieces. 

Whisk together the mustard, soy sauce, olive oil, and garlic in a small bowl. Drizzle half of the marinade onto the salmon and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.

Place the salmon in a baking pan.  Discard the marinade the fish was sitting in.

Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.

Place cooked spinach on a plate. Put salmon on top of mound of spinach and sprinkle some of the marinade over the fish.  Serve on individual plates and do enjoy every bite.

Check out what other members made this month.  Ladies, please forgive me if I left anyone out.  Let me know and I will add you to the list.

Alyce @ More Time at the Table
Ansh @ Spice Roots (Ansh will return in June)
Barbara @ Moveable Feasts
Bhavna @ Just a Girl From AAmchi Mumbai
Chaya @ Bizzy Bakes
Linda, @ Tumbleweed Contessa (Beginning in June)
Linda @ There and Back Again (beginning in June)
Martha @ Simple Nourished Living
Minnie @ The Lady 8 Home
Mireya @ My Healthy Eating Habits
Nancy @ My Picadillo
Ria @ Ria's Collection (beginning in June)
Rocky Mountain Woman @ Rocky Mountain Woman
Veronica@ My Catholic Kitchen

Peggy @ Pantry Revisited

Please change html for linky to this. I made a mistake.

Comments

  1. Chaya that looks really yummy, I am suddenly hungry after seeing this pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your salmon looks fabulous! Thank you for encouraging me to join in this month. I added my link here. Let me know what else I should do. Thanks Chaya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks perfect! I have some lake salmon in my freezer, will try this one this weekend...

    Thanks for your help with the linky....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of Ina's recipes that I have been meaning to try but haven't yet. It's moving up on my list. Thanks so much for sharing. Glad you are part of our great little group!

    Warmly,

    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dish!Simple, no fuss! Love that color and it looks perfectly cooked!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost