Curried Tomato Soup with Hard Boiled Eggs

Curried Tomato Soup with Hard Boiled Eggs



I chose not to hard boil the egg (or so I thought) and dropped it into the soup to soft boil but I had made this in a slow cooker and I judged incorrectly so the egg hard-boiled without the shell. It was the best hard-boiled egg, I have ever eaten. It absorbed the flavors of the soup.


The soup did well in a slow cooker. I put it up, before going to work, and left it on low. I came home to a cooked soup, to which I added the cauliflower and eggs. Potatoes, carrots and tomatoes all make this a success.

Curried Tomato Soup with Hard-Boiled Eggs

    adapted from The Food Matters Cookbook by Mark Bittman

    Ingredients:
1 tablespoon cooking oil 
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 teaspoon cumin
pinch of sugar
2 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 carrot, chopped
salt and black pepper
3 cups vegetable broth
1 cup light coconut milk
1 28 ounce can chopped tomatoes
1 small cauliflower, cored and roughly chopped
4 hard-boiled eggs
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish

Method:

Put the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. When it’s hot, add the onion, garlic and ginger.

Cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the curry powder, cumin, and sugar. Cook and stir until fragrant, about a minute.

Add the potatoes and carrot and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring for a minute or 2. 

Add the broth, coconut milk and tomatoes with their liquid. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat so the mixture bubbles gently. Cook, stirring once in a while, until the potatoes and carrots are soft, about 15-20 minutes.

Add the cauliflower and adjust the heat so that the mixture bubbles gently. Cook until all the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes more. Serve garnished with the hard-boiled eggs and

Eat and enjoy!

Linked to: Traditional Tuesdays       Two Cup Tuesday       Trim Healthy Tuesdays     Gluten Free Linky

Comments

  1. This looks delicious - I love a curried egg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is the 3rd curried egg recipe I'm seeing today, I'm feeling so hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great and sound very interesting. I don't think I've ever eaten such a soup
    I'd looooooove to try

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost