I am still holding on to salads and this one is special with the pear tomatoes which are rather new to me.  There was a time, I would not try any new vegetable and as a result only had fresh spinach, for the first time, a few years ago.  Frozen spinach was fine for me.  Now, I have discovered fresh spinach and I use it almost every day.


Yellow Pear and Cherry Tomato Salad 

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons red wine vinegar 
1 shallot, minced1 tablespoon  olive oil
1/8 teaspoon black pepper 
1 1/2 cups pear tomatoes (yellow, halved)
1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach, torn

Combine dressing ingredients.

In a large serving or salad bowl, toss together all the tomatoes.

Pour the vinaigrette over the tomatoes and toss gently to mix well and coat evenly. Add the spinach and shallots and mix a little more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost