banana, hazelnut and chocolate bread - WWDH

It is Donna Hay time again and I selected this week's recipe, this interesting bread.  I have to be honest, I made this weeks ago and I have completely forgotten what it is like.  I hope, I can find the photos.  I hope the other bakers liked it.  I will learn NOT to be so organized.


I hope this is the bread.


banana, hazelnut and chocolate bread  (adapted)
  • 125g butter, softened
  • 1 cup  brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups mashed banana
  • ½ cup  toasted hazelnuts, chopped
  • 1 cup  chopped dark chocolate
  • 1¾ cups  plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • ⅓ cup  maple syrup

Comments

  1. Hi Chaya, it was delicious - not your average banana bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a chocolate fan but Mark loved it! He ate three pieces the first day and then decided he had better slow it down a bit. That's a good recipe if he eats it like that! Yours looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was VERY tasty. Thanks for picking this one. Love the mix of chocolate and banana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely bake with bananas and this is a bread (we call it here cake) I need to try.
    I like the combination with hazelnut and chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost