Cauliflower Soup - Pioneer Woman


I make chicken broth about every four weeks.  I do this because, usually we have chicken soup, Friday night - Shabbos.  I may vary the vegetables included or serve it with noodles or knaidlach but chicken soup is most often, the Sabbath soup.

I freeze this in a number of containers, one defrosted each week,  and glamorized at that time.  We have the battle of should the vegetables be cut small or left in large chunks.  Should the soup be clear of creamy?  A little soy sauce or leave it alone?

I made a major decision.  I wanted cauliflower soup this week.  What I didn't know is that hubby in the spirit of helping defrosted chicken soup.  I had been checking out recipes and our hero of the day, Pioneer Woman, has a cauliflower soup with a chicken soup base.  I am no fool.  I don't walk away from Pioneer Woman recipes.

Cauliflower Soup   (adapted from Pioneer Woman)

 

Ingredients:


1 tablespoon olive oil (more as needed)
1 whole Onion,  Diced
1 whole Carrot  Diced
1 stalk Celery,  Diced
1 whole  Cauliflower Heads (roughly Chopped)
2 Tablespoons Fresh Or Dried Parsley, Chopped

black pepper to taste
2 quarts Low-sodium Chicken Broth Or Stock
2 cups sugar-free coconut milk
1 cup (heaping) Tofuitti Sour Cream

 

Method:


In a large soup pot heat olive oil. Add the onion and cook for a few minutes, or until it starts to turn brown.

Add the carrots and celery and cook an additional couple of minutes. Add cauliflower and parsley and stir to combine.


Cover and cook over very low heat for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, pour in chicken stock or broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer.

 

Add coconut milk and heat.  Allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Add black pepper and parsley.

 

Scoop out two cups full of soup and put aside.  With immersion blender whiz the remaining soup until it is smooth.  Replace two cups of soup with vegetable pieces.


Just before serving, place the sour cream in a serving bowl or soup tureen. Add two to three ladles of hot soup into the tureen and stir to combine with the sour cream. Pour in remaining soup and stir.

Eat and enjoy.

 This is linked to:

   Cook-Your-Books at Kitchen Flavours

Comments

  1. I loooooove cauliflower soup!!
    And we have soup every Fri night (all-year-round), but for me - I replace the chicken broth with veg. broth (well, that's not exactly true, as I'm not the one who cooks it.....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya,
    This soup looks delicious! I almost made this a couple of months ago, even printed out the recipe! Will definitely give this a try one of these days!
    Thanks for linking with CYB!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost