Maple Glazed Chicken - Donna Hay


Easy Entertaining is the them of the I Heart Cooking Club - Donna Hay recipes for this week.  I would love to do this one, every week, since Donna makes classy recipes that are easy to make and that is what I want.  After years, of cooking, I faced the truth, I like an immediate response and that is why I look for recipes that are done quickly with a limited amount of effort but with good flavor.  This is the perfect example.  The combination of the chili and pure maple syrup makes this chicken special and I would serve it to guests as well as eat it, like we did on a normal evening.


Maple Glazed Chicken    Video is found here.

Ingredients:

¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup

¼ cup (60ml) water

½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes (I used my new sweet and spicy dried spice)


½ teaspoon sea salt flakes

½ teaspoon cracked black pepper

2 x 200g chicken breast fillets, trimmed


Method:

Place the maple syrup, water, chilli, salt and pepper in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.

Bring to a simmer and add the chicken.

Cook for 4–5 minutes each side or until chicken is cooked through.

Serve the chicken with the pan sauce, roasted parsnips and roasted carrots. 

I could eat this weekly.

IHCC Donna Hay Badge resized

Comments

  1. I agree-Donna Hay's recipes are easy with simple ingredients that she turns into class acts. I never would have thought to glaze chicken w/ maple syrup. I always turn to honey. I like the idea of the syrup and chili together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - chilli and maple syrup is a flavour combo for chicken. I know I would love this dish, both for its flavour and its ease of preparation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simplicity. I also use honey and mustard very often. This maple-chilli combo sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maple syrup and chilli sounds like a wonderful combination (so good I've had this recipe bookmarked for a while). Glad to hear it's as delicious as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! I would be happy if served with this chicken meal. Maple syrup is just so expensive over here that I have never tried it in any of my bakes or cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never used Maple syrup on chicken, sounds delicious! Would like to make it as a quick dish for my family !

    ReplyDelete
  7. A spicy and sweet combination always works for me--especially when it's in a recipe that is quick and easy to prepare! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoy the flavor of maple with chicken, especially in the cooler months. I think this sound terrific, the perfect balance of sweet and spicy and it certainly looks pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The idea of maple syrup would not be one I would think of, but it looks and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost