Vegetable Fried Rice


When my grandchildren come over, there are certain dishes, which they like so of course, I make them.  They love potato kugel, rice dishes and "fried" chicken.  I made this following rice dish, last week, for them and although it is good, it was missing something.....an oomph of some kind.

Vegetable Fried Rice

Ingredients:

4 cups raw brown rice, cooked and refrigerated
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 2 cups  chopped carrots
1 cup sliced mushrooms

1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup green beans
4 eggs, lightly mixed
8 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce

Method:

In skillet fry an egg in 1 tablespoon olive oil.  Break it into small pieces as you cook it.  Remove and put aside.

In a large skillet, saute vegetables in oil. 

Add eggs, rice and soy sauce to vegetables and mix together.  Heat for a few minutes until everything is hot enough to eat.

Eat and enjoy.  Sometimes, I make this with shredded chicken.

Linked to See Ya in the Gumbo

Comments

  1. This is exactly the kind of thing I need to start making and taking to work with me for lunch. Thank you for sharing, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost