Broccoli, Corn & Goat Cheese Crustless Pie - Lunch Break

Two years ago, I started posting my lunch dishes which resulted in my making better and more interesting lunches.  Since my hubby and I are both home, this summer, I am planning to add some recipes to the page of lunch dishes above.  This is my first choice.  It was originally meant for a dinner dish but I had forgotten, we had a wedding on Monday night and I had no need to cook.  A great dinner became a great lunch.

You could choose other vegetables in this dish such as spinach, red bell pepper or cauliflower.  You could add red pepper to any combination.  You could also flavor this with different spices.  I used basil because the original recipe called for it.  I can see it with oregano or parsley. Chives is a safe bet to be added at any time.  



I was looking for ways to use my goat cheese and found a recipe that intrigued me at Food 52.  I owe them for my inspiration.  I added broccoli to the corn.  I used sour cream instead of heavy cream.

Broccoli, Corn & Goat Cheese Crustless Pie

Ingredients: 


1 egg yolk

4 tablespoons sour cream
1 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
10 ounces creamy fresh goat cheese
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2teaspoon salt
black pepper to taste
2 cups frozen corn, defrosted


1 1/2 cup frozen broccoli florets

4 tablespoons parmesan, finely grated


























Method:

Preheat oven to 375° F.

Using a hand mixer, combine egg yolk, cream, basil, goat cheese, lemon juice and salt, and pepper. Beat until smooth.

By hand, fold in the corn kernels and broccoli so as not to crush them.

Spread corn and goat cheese mixture evenly into a pie plate sprayed with cooking oil.

Sprinkle parmesan evenly over the top. 

Bake for 30-40 minutes until puffed and golden.

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to Gluten Free Wednesdays    


Comments

  1. Hi Chaya, First of all, thanks for visiting my humble blog. This dish of yours is indeed great. Tempting and yummy :) Enjoy your day and cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great combination Chaya, I love the goat cheese in this dish! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost