Chocolate Syrup Cake


The more at ease, I become with cooking, the more I venture out on my own and make my own recipes.  Although, I am surrounded my fabulous cookbooks which I continually pull out and recipes on the Internet, I end up making changes and feeling like the recipe is mine.  I usually give the credit for the inspiration of the recipe.

This time was more difficult. I was in a hurry, (what's new?) and wanted to bake a birthday cake for my grandson. In looking for simple recipes, I came upon several chocolate syrup chocolate cakes. I printed up a few to find they were the same or close enough to the same. The minor differences did not seem to make any difference in the recipe. Who do I give the credit to? With this cake, I had a few but Paula Deen and Hershey's were the most famous names. I ended up with Paula Deen's, only because the paper with her recipe was on top of the Hershey sheet.

The cake took forever to bake Paula said 25 - 30 minutes. Hershey said 35 - 40 and I say longer than that, until it is done. I put that cake back so many times, I lost count of how long it took.  It is worth the frustration though.



Chocolate Syrup Cake- Paula Deen and Hershey's Adapted

Ingredients:

Cake:

1/2 cup oil

1 cup sugar

4 eggs

1 cup gluten-free flour mixture

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

14-ounces chocolate syrup

2 ounces strawberry syrup

1 cup of chocolate chips


Method:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
For the cake: Mix oil and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.

Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in another bowl. Add to creamed mixture, continuing to beat.
Add vanilla and chocolate syrup to batter and mix well. 

Add chocolate chips.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes.
Frosting - I took about 1/4 of a container of hazelnut spread (like Nutella) and put it into the microwave for 15 seconds or as necessary. I drizzled it all over the cake and put it in the freezer overnight. It has to travel to the birthday boy. Hopefully, it will defrost gracefully and be ready when we arrive to our destination.

I'm linking this post to Cook Like A Star event, featuring Paula Deen and The Deen Brothers, hosted by Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids, Diana of Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Joyce of Kitchen Flavours.

Linked to In and Out of the Kitchen      Foodtastic Friday

Pint Sized Baker

Comments

  1. Hi Chaya I love the amount of chocolate I see! And I love how you have drizzled the chocolate over the cake. It's like a marbling effect! Hope your grandson loved the cake! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya,
    Beautiful chocolate cake. The chocolate drizzle over the cake would make any chocolate lover smile. Happy belated birthday greetings to your grandson, I'm sure he enjoyed the cake very much, it looks really good! Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chaya, I hope you all had a great Shavuot :)
    This cake look great and sounds very tasty.
    I'm thinking of making it to one of our nieces that is gluten-free now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chaya,

    Happy Birthday to your grandson! I bet anything with chocolate is a winner among kids, in your house and also in my house... LOL!

    This must be sinfully delicious!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost