Strawberry Basil Sorbet

I don't know how long other bloggers spend visiting other sites.  I don't have a clue how long I spend doing this either.  When I check out other food sites, I am totally engrossed in what I am doing.  I love to catch up with what people are up to as well as what they are cooking.  It is fun but it is time consuming, time well worth it.

More than that, each blog is a place with tons of information.  How many tips have you picked up?  How many recipes have you made?  I find that if I make the recipe right away, it gets done.  If I bookmark it or print it, it may get lost.

Today, I was at Spiced Curiosity and found this amazing sorbet.  I did the right thing and went to the kitchen and made it.  I don't use my ice cream maker enough.  I was thrilled to make something that was not filled with raw eggs or whipping cream and I was more than pleased with the results.

The strawberry mixture thickened quickly and it is now waiting for our company.  Hubby and I, of course tasted it, and can tell you that it is scrumptious.  Thank you Spiced Curiosity.

Strawberry Basil Sorbet

1 quart strawberries

3/4 cup pure maple syrup

1 teaspoon lemon juice

1/2 cup loosely-packed, stemmed basil leaves

1/4 teaspoon salt



Method:

Hull and half the strawberries. 

Puree in a food processor or blender, then add in the remaining ingredients. 

Adapt maple syrup to your own taste.

Chill mixture in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.

Freeze in an ice cream maker (consult yours for specific instructions). Enjoy!

Linked to 

Comments

  1. Making this does seem like the right thing to do. What a beautiful color! I don't have an ice cream maker, but I think I can get y on this without one. Thank you for sharing, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spend a lot of time of other blogs.There are so many wonderful recipes. What could be better than ice cream made with fresh berries. Perfect for this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FAB recipe for Cooking with Herbs, thanks so much for linking up! Karen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost