Quinoa Salmon "Meatballs"


I was at my granddaughter's about a week ago and she served what looked like spaghetti and meatballs but they were not meat at all.  They were salmon and quinoa.  I loved them but never got to ask for the recipe although, I certainly intended to.

This was a birthday party for my great grandson who is turning one.  I can assure you that the star of the show and not the food, as good as the food was.  My husband took pictures and I am going to see if they are any good.  There were other unusual dishes served.

The star was the one year old who probably did not understand the purpose of the party but as my granddaughter said, there are photos to prove he had the party.  He had fun with cousins, aunts and uncles and his great grandparents. We  had fun with everyone.

I was looking at posts in Kitchen Belleicious which always has dishes, I want to eat.  Take a look for yourself.  What did she have but quinoa-salmon meatballs?  I have no idea it this is the same recipe as my granddaughter's but who cares.  Both were delicious.

Quinoa Salmon Meatballs  (adapted from Kitchen Belleicious)

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup cooked salmon, shredded
1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 eggs, lightly beaten
5 tablespoons dijon mustard
14 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1 tablespoon peach/mango salsa
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 tablespoon basil, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon parsley, roughly chopped

I poached the salmon in a skillet on the stove.

Method:

Preheat the oven to 400° and grease a large baking dish with olive oil.

 In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients, leaving the eggs and herbs for last. 

Form the mixture into twenty four 1-inch meatballs. 

Place the meatballs in the baking dish, cover with foil and roast for 25 minutes.

Remove the foil and roast for another 5-7 minutes until slightly golden brown.

For the sauce, go over to Kitchen Belleicious.

I served these plain with spinach and baked sweet potato fries.

I would make these as patties, next time, and serve them like burgers.

Linked to:    Melt in Your Mouth Mondays       Mix it up Mondays      Clever Chicks Blog Hop     See Ya at the Gumbo      Treasure Box Tuesday     Two Cup Tuesday       In and Out of the Kitchen       Tuesday’s Table     Fat Tuesday   Hearth and Soul Hop     Gluten Free & DIY Tuesdays     Simple Supper Tuesday      Waste Not Want Not Wednesdays   Wednesdays Whatsits   Fresh Foods Wednesdays       What's Cooking Wednesday     Wonderfully Creative Wednesdays            Allergy Free Wednesday  Gluten-Free Wednesday     Cast Party Wednesdays   Full Plate Thursday   Showcase Your Talent Thursday    Freedom Fridays     Real Food Friday    Fight Back Friday      Foodie Friday  Foodtastic Fridays         Gluten Free Fridays 

Comments

  1. Hi Chaya!
    Never in a million years would I think to mix salmon and quinoa but now that you mention it, it all makes delicious sense. I must try it!

    Sounds like your family enjoyed a happy birthday:) I hope the pictures turned out well, I'd LOVE to see them:)

    Thank you so much for sharing, Chaya. I'll be saving this recipe for sure. Are you still going to check with your granddaughter's recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for new ways to fix salmon & these sound right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salmon patties with quinoa. Sounds just about perfect. I'll definitely try this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother always made salmon patties every
    Thursday. This is nice twist with the quinoa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My children love salmon and they love meatballs. I'm thinking that I need to make this recipe! Pinned and tweeting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!

    I love salmon, and I love quinoa, but I've never had them together. This recipe is a must try, it might be delicious!

    ps.: Thanks for the visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from the Showcase Your Talent Thursday linkup.. totally pinning this! Love salmon, love quinoa..Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious and healthy meatballs, thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul blog hop and pinnng

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost