Italian Sunday Brunch Bake - Joy Bauer



I had not planned to make this but with a snow day, I had the perfect excuse to make it for brunch and we loved it.  As you can see, this will fill one up.  With the potatoes, onions and red pepper added to the eggs, we walked away completely satisfied.  The original recipe called for mushrooms but I was out and since we are kind of snowed in, I just ignored them.  It lacked for nothing as far as we are concerned.

Having an unscheduled day off is a real treat and I think, I used it well.  Report cards are due soon so I worked on them.  I did some cleaning, I have been putting off and I cooked.  I feel accomplished and it is only early, early evening.



Italian Sunday Brunch Bake - adapted from Joy Bauer

Ingredients:

1 medium onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded & diced
1 pound small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2″ pieces

2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs 

2 cups baby spinach leaves

6 egg beaters
1/2 cup Mexican cheese

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 

Coat a large casserole dish  with oil spray. 

Place a tablespoon of olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. 

Cook onions about 4 minutes until they have softened. Add a little water if pan is drying out.

Add bell pepper and potato and cook until the potatoes begin to soften, 6-8 minutes. 

Add herbs and stir well. 

Reduce heat to low, add spinach and stir just until spinach wilts. 

Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. 

Mix veggies, cheese and egg beaters together and place in greased casserole. 

Bake 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are set and potatoes are cooked through. 

Serve hot.

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to: Weekend Potluck      Foodie Friday    Saturday Night Fever      See Ya at the Gumbo     Real Food Recipe Round Up        Sweet and Savory Sundays 

Comments

  1. Looks so good, I love recipes like this!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good dish, I like how it's packed full of vegetables. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!! Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost