Shotgun Wedding Soup -EwE Ellie Krieger


Not too long ago, I made an Italian Egg Drop Soup with Mini Meatballs which is similar to the soup, we made tonight in our Ellie Krieger group, Eating With Ellie (EwE). I knew, I would like tonight's soup, Shotgun Wedding Soup which is also of Italian origin because it had chopped turkey, spinach and egg drops, as did the previous soup.  I liked the meatballs better than the browned turkey but it was still a very good soup.

It contained, onion, (garlic), ground turkey, salt, black pepper, broth, parsley, eggs and spinach.  It was easy to make and I had it ready quickly for my hungry hubby.  He is happy that once again, I am cooking Ellie Krieger recipes and so am I.

All the members who made this soup will be found at this site dedicated to Eating with Ellie.  We welcome new members so come on and join in or if you just want to cook, on occasion, that is also fine with us.

weeknight On February - 5 - Peggy  has chosen Penne with Grape Tomatoes, Spinach, and Toasted Garlic found on page 224 in Weeknight Wonders.  Sounds good to me.

Showcase Your Talent Thursday      What's Cooking Wednesday    Full Plate Thursday

Comments

  1. Hi Chaya, your soup looks like mine, which is comforting. I didn't mind it, but I didn't love it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely Chaya. It was so easy to make. Just maybe not my favorite of all time soups! But I would definitely make it again sometime just for the convenience of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely Chaya. It was so easy to make. Just maybe not my favorite of all time soups! But I would definitely make it again sometime just for the convenience of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, we really liked this one, nice fresh ingredients without a lot of fat and calories and one just feels good eating it. I can see ways to spice up the flavor without adding additional fat and calories by using various herbs/spices for those who wanted more punch in the flavor but by and large, I liked it just like it was...and it was easy! Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chaya,
    We would just love your Shotgun Wedding Soup! Thanks so much for sharing your post with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week and come back to see us real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely a keeper for me. I like quick simple clear soups. Makes me feel healthily virtuous rather than having a creamy heavy soup.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost