Tomato Soup



It is freezing in NY.  When I last checked the thermometer, it read 21 degrees and the ground is covered with a light snow.  It is beautiful but I am not happy walking and driving in it.

To make it worse, I have a rental car, this week.  I am not sure if I shared that a school bus hit my parked care a few weeks ago.  It is in repair presently so I have to navigate the snow in a strange vehicle....not a happy camper.

I will not take my class out to recess today, no matter how much they beg.  Does that make me a mean teacher or a responsible one.  I have one boy who comes with a light sweat shirt, no matter the weather.  I am wondering what he will be wearing today.

I was not feeling well when I made this soup so I did not take a photo but I checked my files for another soup and found this roasted tomato soup which looks very much like it without the cheese on top.  


Tomato Soup (adapted from All You February 2013)


Ingredients:


2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon parsley, dried or 2 tablespoons fresh
2 pounds fresh tomatoes, chopped
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup finely grated Cheddar

Method:

Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. 


Add parsley, tomatoes and 1 cup water. Season with salt and pepper.


Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. 

Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are very soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool. 

 Puree soup with an immersion blender.

Pour into bowls and top with cheese.


Eat and enjoy.

       Foodie Friday     Weekend Potluck      Weekend Social Link 

Comments

  1. deliciously done soup looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple, healthy and very tasty too, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Chaya,
    It's amazing how some kids come to school. I think the parents don't know or forget about them once they are out the door. You are responsible !! A good comforting pot of soup is the perfect solution for this frigid weather. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost