Sugar Cookies in Minutes


My husband usually asks for cake or muffins.  Suddenly, he requests cookies and pies.  It will  be fun changing my style of cooking.  Today, I made simple sugar cookies.  I planned to make Pecan Sandies but had no pecans.  

I have made different sugar cookie recipes and this one is the most simple.  It took no time to put the ingredients together, mix and make balls.  These spread more than the average cookie and resulted in almost perfect circles.  

Hubby approved and I got of with a minimum of work.

Sugar Cookies in Minutes  (adapted from Allrecipes)



Ingredients :

2 3/4 cups gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Method:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.


In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.



In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.

Beat in egg and vanilla. 

Gradually add the dry ingredients. 

Form small rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto parchment covered cookie sheets.  (These spread so leave about two inches between each cookie.)
Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. 

Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.

Eat and Enjoy.


Comments

  1. I'm into recipes that can be made quickly. Nice to have a simple GF sugar cookie recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost